Head of Department:
Mr. Francis Lowu
The Department of Computing and Technology is committed to providing excellent training in computing technology.
The objectives of the Department of Computing and Technology are to enable the students to:
1. Integrate faith with learning as taught in the classroom and apply a Christian philosophy to business ethics;
2. Gain exposure to both theoretical and practical situations through real-life classroom projects, quality academics and industrial attachment.
3. Develop a good understanding of modern business organization, structures and business functions and the role that computing information systems play in them.
4. Understand how a computer system is developed and train students to design and build them to meet real business needs.
5. Experience dynamic student/teacher involvement through personalized career planning, advising, involvement in social, professional, and departmental activities;
6. Practice professionalism in communication and business decorum;
7. Take up leadership roles;
8. Exhibit competency in their area of specialization;
9. Prepare for advanced study.
All students admitted to Bugema University are required to take introductory courses in computer science. This makes Bugema University graduates unique, since they are computer literate.
Besides general education computer courses offered for all Bugema University students, the Departmental of Computing and Technology offer programs aimed at producing skilled professionals with competence in programming, computer networks, software development, and handson-experience in computer trouble-shooting.
Inter-Department Transfer and Continuation in this Department
Students admitted to pursue other degree programs and who desire to change to this program must obtain a grade of B in ENGL 101 and a C+ in BMCT 111 and BMCT 112.