Department of Science Education
1. To unfold the mysteries contained in the world of nature.
2. To prepare and produce educators and scientists who are capable to utilize the resources contained in the earth for the betterment of the society around them.
3. To prepare educators and scientists who will stand for the biblical and scientific truth.
4. To prepare students who will be able to work independently in scientific research.
5. To prepare students who will be able to pursue further education.
A student who graduates in this program may seek career opportunities in the following areas: teaching, agriculture, metallurgy, textiles, pharmaceuticals or in research.
Together with the general Bugema University requirements, a student aspiring to take the science subjects must have at least two principle passes in the subjects intended to be taken for a major and minor. A student who has completed Diploma must have attained a C+ in the subject intended to be a major and at least a C in their minor.
Teaching Subject Combinations
• Biology and Chemistry
• Chemistry and Mathematics
• Mathematics and Information & Communication Technology(ICT)
• Biology and Agriculture
• Mathematics and Economics
• Mathematics and Geography
• Biology and Geography
• Geography and Agriculture
• Agriculture (Double Major)
Faculty: Arthur Gerhart Schwarz, John Amoah, Peris Onyambu
Teaching Assistant: Onesforo Kurama
Adjunct Lecturers: Adia Madina Mohamed, Amos A. Wentaro, Fulgencia Mbabazi, Magume R. Stephen, Nagawa Christine , Rebecca Nalule
Laboratory Technician: Simon Kaligo