School of Social Sciences
The School of Arts and Social Sciences believes in working towards the restoration of the dignity of human kind through the holistic development of an individual.
To produce well qualified individuals of high integrity and who are dedicated to alleviating social problems in the community.
The academic programs in the School of Arts and Social Sciences are specifically designed to accomplish the following objectives:
1. To acquaint students with the various fields within the humanities and social sciences as well as their relationship to other disciplines.
2. To develop the capacity to think independently, analytically, and cre atively.
3. To prepare professionals, researchers and teachers who can ably engage in academic, scholarly and professional discourses in their respective areas of specialty.
4. To meet academic, scholarly and professional needs of students in all aspects of their pursuits.
5. To prepare students for postgraduate studies and advanced research in the arts and social sciences areas.
DEPARTMENT OF DEVELOPMENT STUDIES (NEW EMPHASIS)
- Bachelor of Development Studies with emphasis in Disaster Management
- Bachelor of Development Studies with emphasis in Gender studies
- Bachelor of Development Studies with emphasis in Community Development
- Bachelor of Development Studies with emphasis in Peace and Conflict Management
- Bachelor of Public Administration and Management
- Diploma in Development Studies
DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL WORK AND SOCIAL ADMINISTRATION
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Work and Social Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Counseling and Psychology
- Bachelor of Social Administration and Sociology
- Diploma in Social Work and Social Administration
Dean: Sigue, Tabitha PhD Public Health; MA Education Guidance and Counseling; MA Health Science; BA E-mail: