SCHOOL OF GRADUATE STUDIES
A self-sustaining graduate school producing skilled manpower for diverse development.
Mission Statement for the Graduate School
A Seventh-day Adventist institution of higher learning providing holistic and sustainable education through imparting quality skills to graduate students and community members for excellence in service.
Goal of the School of Graduate studies
Provide access to post graduate studies to the community.
Guided and propelled by the general objective of backstopping Bugema University in undertaking efforts to make more meaningful contribution to the realization of the goals of national development through human resource development, the Bugema University-School of Graduate Studies trains its efforts and resources towards the achievement of the following specific objectives:
1. To develop graduate students' ability to undertake research or scholarly work in business administration, development studies, counseling psychology, education management, public health, and international business.
2. To develop highly trained human resources imbued with universal values and professionalism, work and discipline.
3. To offer programs responsive to the needs of the learners and of their communities through holistic education.
4. To institutionalize a system of continuing education to sustain professional growth and promote long life learning.
5. To establish an education network through collaborative arrangements, institutional linkages and other appropriate mechanisms to enhance the delivery of education programs and to generate awareness of and support to Bugema University-School of Graduate Studies program.
6. To foster a culture of performance excellence, accountability and stewardship consonant with Bugema University‘s values, objectives, institutional identity and culture.
3. Team spirit
4. Professionalism and competence
6. Equity and fairness
1. DOCTORAL STUDY PROGRAMS:
- Doctor Of Philosophy In Rural Development
- Doctor of Philosophy In Development Education
- Doctor of Philosophy In Environmental Management
2. MBA-Finance & Accounting
3. MBA-Entrepreneurship & Strategic Management
4. MBA-Human Resource
5. MBA-Investment & Entrepreneurship
6. MBA-Marketing Management
7. MBA-Procurement and Logistics
8. MBA - Project Planning and Management
9. Postgraduate Diploma International Business Management
10. Master Of Science In Counselling Psychology
11. Master In Social Work
12. Master Of Arts In Development Studies
13. Master in Public Administration and Management
14. Postgraduate Diploma in Public Administration and Management
15. Master Of Arts In Education with options:
- Educational Management
- Curriculum and Instruction
16. Postgraduate Diploma in Education
17. Master Of Science In Information Technology with options:
- Network Security
- Software Engineering
- Information Systems
18. Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology
19. Master Of Public Health With options:
- Health Promotion
- Environmental & Occupational Health
20. Post Graduate Diploma In Public Health